I Had Lipo for Saddle Bags, Can I Develop Calf Issue?

I have a swollen, tender area in the front outer calf that came on quickly today, can this be related or be an embolism? Almost 2 weeks post procedure

Postoperative calf swelling after liposuction

+1

This can be tricky and should not be ignored. Certainly, routine soft tissue swelling can develop in the calves and legs after having liposuction of the thighs/saddlebags. However, a deep vein thrombosis is always the dreaded concern after any surgical procedure and should be ruled out if the symptoms are at all suspicious. You should report this to you doctor as soon as possible.

Complications after liposuction

+1

You can develop complications after liposuction and it is important to follow up regularly with your physician to make sure that the symptoms you are relating are evaluated in a prompt and professional manner.  Contact your physician for further advice on this issue.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Can a swollen, tender area in outer calf be related to surgery 2 weeks ago?

+1

Can a swollen, tender area in outer calf be related to surgery 2 weeks ago? - YES it could. Look up Homan's sign. Rather than trying to diagnose it yourself, please, see your surgeon and let him determine the next best step.

Good Luck.

Memphis, TN