I Had Lipo on Flanks Hips and Thighs but in Total He Only Took out 600ml, Is that a Normal Amount?

5 days post op i see no difference at all. with so little removed will i see results. i dont feel particularly swollen

Liposuction Results?

+2

Every patient's situation is unique with different volumes of adipose tissue removed to achieve desired results. In other words, there is no “normal amount”.

I would suggest evaluating your results 2 months after surgery.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to address questions and concerns.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

Liposuction amount...too much, too little, or just right?

+2

your question can not be answered without photos and / or description of your height and weight. I recommend you re-submit your question with your preoperative photos. I have seen tremendous improvement with 150 cc off of the abdomen in a petite aerobics instructor and much less dramatic results in large frame patients with 5 or 6,ooo cc's. IT is all relative. 

Finally, it is way too early to tell any difference. Maximum swelling occurs at 5 days. You can begin to evaluate at 6 weeks. If you do not see the results you desire, you should return to your plastic surgeon. 

It is not what is taken, but what is left that is important.

+1

There is no normal amount of fat that is standard for everyone.  Each person should have a customized treatment that fits their needs.  If you are concerned, check back with the doctor who did the procedure or get a second opinion if you are unsatisfied. 

Web reference: http://www.gatewaylasercenter.com/TumescentLiposuctionBodyJet.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Results- First Week Post-Op

+1

Five days after your operation is much to early to determine the final results of liposuction. Results from liposuction generally take anywhere from two to six months. If you do not notice much difference immediately after your procedure the best advice is to be patient and allow time for the swelling that is there to decrease naturally.

Also, the amount of fat removed varies from individual to individual and 600mL can certainly make a difference on those with only a small amount of fat to begin with.

As always questions and concerns regarding your procedures should be discussed with your surgeon. For the best results always visit the office of a board certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.trivalleyplasticsurgery.com/

I Had Lipo on Flanks Hips and Thighs but Total He Only Took out 600ml, Is that Normal Amount?Answer:

+1

With liposuction, 5 days is too soon to see ANYTHING!! In fact, with most surgeries it’s too soon at 5 days. At five days post Facelift, my patients are ready to turn me in to the medical board and set fire to my car! So give it time…and as the others have said, it really depends on your starting point. 600cc does sound like not very much, but it really does depend on many factors…

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy from liposuction outcome at only 5 days

+1

At five days post liposuction, it is still very early yet to be able to determine your ultimate outcome from the procedure. You will need to wait several months - at least 4 - 6 months.

Without having provided pre- and postoperative photos in addition to your physical characteristics (height and weight), no assessment can be made regarding your situation. If you are 250lbs and 6' tall, then 600 cc will be marginal. However, if you are relatively small/petite and with small but localized deposits of fat, then this amount could result in substantial differences.

Be patient!

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

What is "normal" amount of fat removed in liposuction.

+1

This question cannot be answered  without a complete evaluation ,history,physical exam and photos. Amounts removed will vary significantly from patient to patient for a variety of reasons.  Keep in mind , liposuction, is considered body contouring surgery and 600cc removed in one patient may be sufficient but may not be in others. It is not a weight reduction procedure and patients should be in good medical condition and not generally obese.

Five days after liposuction

+1
Swelling reaches its peak at 72 hours and you are only two days past that so it's much, much too early to assess any cosmetic results. You may not feel swollen because you should be wearing a compressive garment but I can assure you that there is swelling which will gradually dissipate over the next two months so please be patient.

After Five Days Expect Swelling After Liposuction

+1

Five days is not a good time to evaluate your results. I know you don't feel swollen but there is enough swelling at this point that the results will not be evident for at least a month. The results will continue to improve up to six months after liposuction.

600 cc  of fat is a good amount to remove in a person who is not overweight. The idea is to have sculpting done, not weight loss by liposuction.

Congratulations on having the procedure behind you. At this point, just concentrate on having a healthy diet and transition into an active lifestyle. 

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Results

+1

Unfortunately there is no way to tell with out seeing you beforehand. 600ml can be just right for some and not help at all in other cases. Regardless, it is too early to tell right now. Wait 6 weeks and talk to your surgeon.