Lipo Ex Can Really Fix a Belly Flap ?

my tummy is what I can call apron, but it is not that bad,not stretch marks,or wrinkled skin and my muscles are very toned, so this new treatment is a good option to fix this problem ? Thank you. Cristiane.

No gimicks for belly flaps

+2

If you have a belly flap, then you will probably need abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  liposuction and non invasive procedures don't help tighten up the underlying muscle or lift the skin enough in most cases. You might benefit from liposuction too and this can be done first prior to the abdominoplasty.

Liposuction - Skin Contraction, Lipo and Tummy Tucks - How Do I Know What I Need?

+2

HI cristiane in cape coral,

There are really just two types of procedures, and you have to know what each can do, and what it can't do:

1)  Liposuction - this procedure removes excess fat.  The final result depends on what you look like before-hand, the surgery that's done, and the way that your body heals as a result of that surgery.  Some techniques of lipo appear to have a somewhat greater ability (there are a few qualifiers there!) to help the skin contract down than others, but many excellent results including some degree of skin tightening have been achieved with all forms of lipo.

2) Skin Removal - there is a limit to the amount of skin tightening you can reasonably expect with lipo alone.  If you ALREADY have hanging skin then you're asking a lot of the lipo.  Of course, it's fine to do lipo now with the understanding that, if you're not happy or your skin does not contract adequately, you'll always have the option to remove skin at a future procedure. 

It's often a question of degree:  the more hanging skin (versus excess fat) that you have pre-operatively, the less you can fairly expect lipo alone to give you a tightened and smooth contour.

No absolute answers, but that would be my general advice.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck or any type of Liposuction

+2

Dr. Aldea is correct. An “apron” implies excess skin, and the only way to improve this is by excising the extra and tightening the rest, in other words, a Tummy Tuck. Also, “toned muscles” does not mean that you do not need the muscle fascia tightened. Strong muscles can make the abdomen seem tighter than it is when the muscles tighten, but, when they are relaxed, the abdomen can be quite flaccid. If you have adequately described your condition, do not waste your money on anything less than a full Abdominoplasty. No matter what is claimed, nothing but excision of the excess tightens loose skin.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Not well....

+2

If you have a real "flap" down there liposuction will not flatten it for you. A tummy tuck would be better. If making your "flap" flatter but not flat is OK, liposuction might be of some help.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Lipo X and abdominal flab

+2

Dear Christiane,

Pictures would of greatly helped in order to asses what your best options are to improve the appearance of the area that concerns you.  It is easy to see all these "Treatments" on TV and in the modern media which show amazing results with minimal investment by the patient.  To improve your "apron" the most likely answer is that surgery is required.  I would suggest that you see a plastic surgeon that is board certified or eligible for a complete opinion.

Ernesto Hayn, MD

Lipo Ex - Lax

+2

It never ceases to amaze me how many gullible people are out there who are willing to blow their hard earned money on preposterous claims. PT Barnum WAS right - about one being born every minute.

A few FACTS. Loose skin, especially when it takes the shape of an apron (Greek - panniculus), CANNOT be shrunk by laser, electricity, liposuction, Yoga/ Zumba/ Tai Bo, magical incantations or other non-invasive means. The excess hanging skin is a PHYSICAL excess, just like an excess garment needs to be taken in or a tile that is too long needs to be carefully cut to fit with other tiles on a wall or floor, excess skin needs to be surgically tailored.

As regards Lipo ex - it claims that it "uses bipolar capacitive coupling, which results in a deep, uniform electric field under the entire electrode surface. This uniform electric field allows you to deliver volumetric heating at controlled temperatures to the treatment area. Lipo-Ex heats and breaks down the fat cells, which then pass through the lymphatic system and out of the body through natural processes of elimination..."  Surgeons have used bipolar electricity in surgery for many decades and I am EXTREMELY dubious that it would melt ANY fat much less shrink skin. I thin this "technique" is great at separating you from your money.

See a REAL Plastic surgeon and learn which options are best for you.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Lipo or tummy tuck

+2

Photos would help a lot but based on your calling it an "apron" I would guess that you might need skin resection in the form of a mini or full tummy tuck.  Lipo alone may leave more loose skin.  Some skin tightening lasers provide minimal results but I have not been impressed overall.  Good luck.

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Pictures would help

+2
The options for your concerned areas are tummy tuck and lipo or liposuction alone. Please see your board certified plastic surgeon for personal examination and recommendations.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tucks for abdominal flaps and aprons

+1

As dr. Aldea has said, there is nothing that fixes an excess of skin on the abdomen (apron, pannus etc) other than a tummy tuck or an excision of the excess skin.  As much as the advertisers would love to confuse you, the non-invasive and laser lipo technologies don't compete with excision.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS