Lipo Even if I Still Want to Lose Weight? (photo)

Hi, I am comfortable with my body for the most part but would like to get rid of my stomach and love handles after having 2 kids. I have been at a steady weight for over a year however I was put on 2 medications (in September) that made me gain a good 20 pounds (I'm only 5'3 so it looks like a lot) and was also diagnosed with insulin resistance in December. My question is even though I'm heavier then I'd like to be would it still be a good idea to have some sort of lipo done on my midsection?

Will Smartlipo benefit you

Smartlipo will remove unwanted fat while tightening your skin. Make an appointment with your surgeon to see which procedure will benefit you best.

Liposuction on abdomen?

I thinkn that in your case liposcution is not recommended at this time. First, you probably have a large intraperitoneal component ( deep to the muscles and fascia)  which Lipo does not treat, 2) you need to get back to your goal weight, and 3) you have to control your sugars.

In my opinion  no  Control diabetes first. Then get into a controlled weight loss program. After reaching the weight you wish, consult a surgeon about laser lipo vs abdominoplasty

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

No lipo for you

Liposuction would be a poor choice for you in my opinion.  It is only good for contouring areas that have resisted all efforts at diet and exercise.  It is never good when you know that you are up in weight.  Try harder to lose the weight and see if maybe you don't need anything at all.  Good luck!

Liposuction after Weight Gain

I would recommend returning to your previous weight and managing your insulin resistance problem.  Then find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA