Had Lipo Under my Chin Five Years Ago, Now Its Sagging What Can I Do?

Sagging skin following liposuction

+3

Thank you for your question Brig.  I am assuming that you had a good result immediately following the liposuction of your submental region (chin) and that now you are noticing sagging skin in the same area.  There are numerous claims made about various non surgical modalities to correct this problem none of which are particularly effective.  The best way to correct this problem is the surgical excision of the excessive  skin with ether a neck lift or face lift.  You should seek an examination  and consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon and discuss your options with them.  

Options for sagging under the chin

+2

Non-surgical skin tightening like Ulthera or Thermage are new options to treat sagging. They work well, depending on the amount of loose, sagging skin you have. If you have severe sagging, a necklift might be the best option for you. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn which option is best for your condition.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Neck Skin Sagging after Liposuction

+2

It would be much easier to give you good advice after direct examination or with the use of photographs.

However, based on your description a neck/lower facelift procedure will probably be necessary to tighten up the appearance of the area.

+2

Best to have in person consultation with a boarded PSs in your area. Sounds like a submental excision or neck tightening operation. 

Loose skin in neck after liposuction

+2

In my opinion, the only way to 'fix' sagging skin is to remove the excess. Other non-surgical treatments may improve matters only in select cases. A photo would be helpful for better advise. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Neck skin sagging five years after neck lipo

+2

Liposuction of the neck successfully removes the excess fat in the region that causes bulging.  The process causes some scarring that may improve mild skin sagging of the region.  As the aging process continues, our skin looses its elasticity and begins to sag.  Unfortunately, liposuction does not prevent this progression.  The appropriate treatment for sagging neck skin would either be a neck lift or a face lift.  You should consult your plastic surgeon to find out which procedure would be the more appropriate  for you.  Good luck!

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Sagging skin

+2

as we age, out skin loses laxity and that sounds like what happened to you within the last 5 years.  The only long-term solution would be to excise the loose and lax skin and epending on the sevirity you amy be now a good candidate for a face or neck lift to correct this.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Chin Sagging

+2

The fat was removed so you have no excess there now. However with time, our skin tends to sag as it looses elasticity. 

You have two good options for treatment:

1- nonsurgical radiofrequency skin tightening treatments such as the Accent laser.

2-sugical facelift or necklift or both.

You could try the nonsurgical option and see if it is enough. Good luck!

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Sagging skin 5 years s/p neck lipo

+1

It is difficult to know exactly what to do without seeing a picture.  You may be a candidate for Smart Lipo and possibly fractional CO2 to tighten the skin internally and externally.  You may also be a candidate for Thermage, although those results are somewhat less predictable.

If there is too much sagging for those modalities then a facelift is your best bet.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD