Had Lipo on Chest, Stomach, and Flanks a Year Ago. I'm Left with Loose Skin on Chest. What Are the Best Ways to Tighten It?

I am scheduled to do a touch up on oct. 3. The surgeon is going to do smart lipo for the last bit of fat and I am told this can help tighten the skin too, but I am wanting others opinions, if I can realistically get the results I am seeking with the touch up work, or if I should look another possible path? I just want to be able to take my shirt off and be proud of all the years of hard work with my dieting and gym work, but no matter how hard I work, I cannot get the body I am seeking.

Tightening Skin After Lipo

+2

Laser liposuction can sometimes be  beneficial solution for post liposuction procedures. However, I recommend Thermage and Ulthera and have had good results using Thermage with a large body tip specifically for treating the abdomen, which is where you are most concerned of tightening up.

+2

This is really hard to answer without photos or an exam.  Skin excision may be a better option.  Hard to say.                                                                                                                                     Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                                                                                                              Los Angeles, CA

Loose skin on chest after Liposuction

+2

It is very difficult to comment without seeing the exact problem.How much laxity we are talking about?Some laxity could be tghtened by other method than surgery.Also,exactly where in the chest is laxity?

Suman K. Das, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon