Lipo-cavitation Treatments?

Does this procedure work well for removing fat off the waist? I am not over weight be would like a smaller waist. What would be my best option for achieving this?

Liposuction techniques? Which is the very very best?

+3

Cavitation works and is often referred to as ultrasonic liposuction.  The ideal system is the Vaser by Sound Surgical.  It works and works well and is the most useful  of the technology assist techniques.  It is  superior to the laser system and other systems  of minimal effectiveness.   End of story.

I find it interesting to find so many questions about which assist technique is better or worse listed on this site.  The technology used is such an unimportant question.  It should be far down your list, if on the list at all.  What you are looking for is a smart surgeon.  Great surgeons can get great results with any technique or with no technology assist at all.   Remember that with any technology assist, the workhorse is always small cannula tumescent liposuction and 80% of the procedure is small cannula work and not  technology.   Worldwide 90% of all liposuction is small cannula tumescent technique with many beautiful results.   What you should be hunting for is a great surgeon.   Yet I see the many questions about which technology and so forth is best.  This is a result of massive marketing by the companies that make the machines.   The companies spend millions to attract doctors to buy the machines and  advertise for patients to have the procedure. So finally the doctor buys the machine, but in many cases the machine is insignificant, for what the doctor really buys (and doctors know this very well) is a massive patient marketing and referral system.   So the companies spend millions,  the doctors pay as much as $400,000.00 for these machines,  and get a $10,000 machine possibly and a $390,000.00 patient marketing system formulated by the technology company.  And then on top of this the doctors often spend even more dollars marketing the new miracle machine they just purchased.  And the patients pays for 100% of this nonsense.  The ads announce with fanfare, come to our office and meet our new miracle technology trinket.  It will do your liposuction in ten minutes  and make you 3 cups of coffee during your procedure etc etc..absurd.  Anyway you get the idea.  Its all a bunch of hype.  The machines work a little but no one needs any machine of high technology to do a great liposuction.   These machines are most often bought for their marketing value and the marketing obviously works and that is why there are so many questions on this web site about which technology is better.   The advertisers are getting to you.  Don't fall for hype and slick marketing.  Just say no and do your own thinking.  Do you really want technology companies and slick marketing to do you thought formation.  Think.  Please think.

So I hope I have at least seeded your brain with the idea that it is a great doctor that counts and not some silly machine that is not needed for great results.  Great doctors get great results with any technology assist and with no technology assist.  How do you find a great doctor?  First understand liposuction is a surgical procedure and for surgical procedures you must go to a surgeon.   A surgeon is a person that has gone through 8 to 10 years of intense  surgical training at Stanford or UCSF or similar fine institutions, passed a surgical board, and becomes a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.    This is the first question to ask any doctor.  Are you a fully trained surgeon, certified as a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.  This doctor can  then put FACS after his or her name.  If they are not FACS, go elsewhere.  Your search is for a fully trained surgeon that is great and skilled and a FACS Fellow.   Do not  EVER  have surgery by a non surgeon.  Do not be bamboozled.  Get the answer....is the doctor FACS.   I see so much surgery done on poor patients by non surgeons often for very high fees.  Use you head.  Use commons sense.   Question number 2 is ask the doctor that in addition to FACS, is he or she certified as a fully trained surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   This question is so very vital.  You want a surgeon with FACS, but not just any surgeon, you want a Plastic Surgeon correct?   Of course.    So now you have the big two questions but there is a third and last which will start you on you safe journey.   I am not giving you ten questions, but just three.   The third question is to ask and obtain an absolute  written guarantee that the operation you are having at the doctors surgery center, he or she can also do in a hospital.  Doctor, do you have privileges to admit and do my surgery at a local major JAHS Hospital.  Hospital peer reviews doctors and  this almost guarantees a doctor is up to snuff.  Besides if the doctor has no hospital admitting privileges,  where is the doctor going to admit you if you have a complication?  Those 3 question will get you on a safe path.  There are other questions and I will discuss them  later, but these three are the beginning of a safe journey.   Doctor.......are you FACS,  are you boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and doctor do you have major hospital admitting and operating privileges.   Ask these question and demand answers.  Pick 3 doctors that meet these criteria and schedule consults.   The best doctors often do not charge for consults.  The best doctors do their own consultations.   The best doctors do not use a marketing person to do their consultations. Be a smart consumer.  Do not be a victim of endless slick marketing.  Call the American Society of Plastic Surgery and get 3 doctors in your area.  If you don't like them, get 3 more.  This takes your time and your work.  Don't fail yourself.  Your surgical results and your very life are at stake.  More to follow about other questions, about artistry, and  about safety in future discussions.    My Best,   Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

What you need to ask before having lipo-cavitation

+2

Cavitation refers to an effect from certain types of ultrasound in tissue such as fat. However, the cavitation effect is difficult to control and it is very important to know exactly what the technology you are considering actually does. For any treatment you might be considering, you should ask: (1) Is it FDA approved? (I searched the FDA website and found nothing on lipo-cavitation as a specific technology (2) Are there clinical trials published in peer-reviewed journals to document the safety and effectiveness of the procedure? (Again, a quick search finds nothing for lipo-cavitation) (3) How does it compare to established, proven procedures? Liposonix is a focused ultrasound device that meets the above criteria.

Web reference: http://www.liposonix.com/

Lipo cavitation and noninvasive body therapies work if performed properly

+2

It really depends on how it is done.  I use a multimodal therapy that combines ultrasound, laser and radiofrequency to get the best results.  These interventions are best for people with "problem areas" but not those that would be candidates for abdominoplasty or aggressive liposuction.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://news.yahoo.com/noninvasive-body-contouring-cellulite-reduction-technique-delivers-results-130421410.html

Smaller waist

+1

This can be done with liposuction but remember that lipo only removes excess fatty tissue and not loose skin nor does it tighten your muscles.Soemtimes I will do lipo and if the skin tightens or contracts a little which it will we are done if the loose skin bothers the patient then we do a tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for waist contours

+1

The theory of liposuction is to create tunnels through fat.  It is the collapse of these tunnels over time that leads to contour changes.  The way in which the tunnels are made is critical to the result, but this is more a function of the operator than the actual tool.  I favor cavitation methods such as provided by ultrasonic technology, but good results (and bad!) are totally dependent on the hand holding the wand.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (not a week-end course taking newbie) and be sure to view a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op photos so you can gauge the types of results possible.  Your surgeon should be able to tell you which parts of the body respond the best and where the pitfalls are.

Ultrasonic liposuction

+1

If your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon and recommends this therapy it is probably reasonable for you.  If you feel a need to do so, please get other opinions.  I personally do not feel that ultrasound-assisted (UAL) or laser-assisted liposuction offer any better results than what I use, power-assisted liposuction, but that is just my opinion after 14+ years of practice.  I have used UAL (I have a UAL machine), not LAL. I guess that's why they call them opinions.  Best of luck to you.  

Lipocavitation?

+1

Removal of fat by any method of liposuction can be effective.  This has less to do with the type and more to do with the surgeon.