Extra Skin and Fat I Cannot Get Rid of with Exercise and Diet

I am 42 and have had 2 csections in my mid to late 30's. I am fairly close to my ideal weight however my stomach has never been the same. I have extra skin and fat below my belly button and on the sides that I cannot get rid of with exercise and diet. I am torn between tumescent lipo, mini tummy tuck or mini tuck with lipo. My main concern is safety over results but I want to get a good result. I have a attached a couple pictures. You can only see the skin when I lean over. It does not stick out when I am standing straigt. What would you recommend in this situation after looking at my problem?

You need a Tummy Tuck

+2

I have seen a lot of patients with similar problems you are concerned about. Even though the exercise is their daily routine and often they are quite athletic, there are certain areas in our body that are hard to get rid of unwanted skin or fat.

Depends on the body type, some women struggle to achieve the same body shape especially after pregnancies.The skin often gets so stretched out, that the only solution can be a surgical intervention. Based on the pictures, it seems you could be a good candidate for tummy tuck and liposuction. Both procedures will allow you to go back to desired look. I would strongly recommend setting up the consultation with plastic surgeon and discussing your options.

Tummy tuck vs. lipo

+1

Fromt eh laxity of skin you demonstrate, you would most likely need a tummy tuck to remove the excess skin. Liposuction would not do anything.

Full tummy tuck with no liposuction to get rid of excess skin.

+1

Hi.

I am afraid none of the three options you mention will give you a good result. Liposuction has no role. Mini tummy tuck sounds less scary but will not do it (I have been there!). Well done full tummy tuck is very safe.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Very few patients ideal candidates for mini tummy tuck

+1

Very few patients are ideal candidates for a mini tummy tuck. You need a tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck is only a viable option for a patient with very limited skin laxity in the lower abdomen without weakness of the entire abdominal musculature. Patients with too lax or excess skin should not 'waste' their money on liposuction alone.

Sanjay Grover, MD

You need a tummy tuck

+1

For certain, you need a tummy tuck done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. That doctor can examine you and discuss the differences between a full and a mini tummy tuck The recovery is the same by the one month point, so you want to get the result you want. Good candidates for mini tummy tucks are much more rare than for a full tummy tuck. You don't need liposuction as there does not appear to be extra fat other than what is attached to the extra skin. Good luck!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck may address excess skin

+1

It looks like you have enough skin to require excision. No liposuction alone option will be enough in my mind.

The option between a mini tummy tuck and a full one must be discussed with your board certified plastic surgeon. All these procedure are safe when performed by the right surgeon in the right circumstances.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS