Lipo Before Pregnancy? (photo)

I had an unexpected pregnancy 3 months post sugery. I'm I or my baby at risk. I am now 21 week and feel great. The only difference is, I do not have that perfectly round belly.

Pregnancy after liposuction

+2

The question is about any dangers of pregnancy 3 months after liposuction.  Good question.  The answer is that there is absolutely no danger of this causing you or you baby problems.  In my 30 years of practice I have had this occur with liposuction, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, breast reduction and facelift.  The tummy tuck patient got pregnant 1 month after the operation.   All did perfect.  All got pregnant (13 patients total) within 5 months of the operation.  7 were liposuction patients.  All did perfect.   While I would not recommend pregnancy in the first 6 months all did well so you have no worry.  Pregnancy solves all.  Adhere to the usual good guidelines and don't get overweight during your pregnancy.  You will be fine.  Even my tummy tuck at one month pregnant did fine and had only a modest relapse of here result.  The human body and pregnancy are amazing.  My best Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Pregnancy

+1

Liposuction prior to pregnancy should not affect the course of the pregnancy.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

History of Lipo Not Harmful To Pregnancy

+1
Congratulations!  The short answer to your question is no. Liposuction only affects the subcutanous tissue and fat with no impact on your body's ability to safely carry a pregnancy.  The pregnancy will certainly change your body and the result of your procedure, but that is an issue that can be addressed later on.  Best of luck!

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon