Lipo on Back Area - Extra Bra Fat or Loose Skin?

I had my whole back liposuctioned (my original intent was to only get rid of fat in the bra area) and at first, everything looked tight. Now it looks as if I still have bra fat. My surgeon said it was a combo of fat and loose skin and that if I lost weight, the skin would tighten up more. I thought when people lost weight, the skin got looser? I still can't wear a top that shows back. Did he take out too little or too much fat? I can't get a straight answer from him. What can I do about it

Extra Fat or Extra Skin

+1

This question is impossible to answer without an exam.  If the area looked good initially, perhaps nothing was done incorrectly.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lipo on Back Area

+1

The answer to your question would be to seek a second opinion.  You stated that you cannot get a straight answer from your surgeon.  Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to discuss your concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Back lipo

+1
There is a big difference between the appearance of sagging skin (which you should see with or without a bra) and excess bra roll fat. Each warrants a different course of treatment. Unfortunately, you haven't provided photos, height, weight, etc. Skin does not tighten by weight loss alone!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Secondary liposuction for back fat?

+1

Dear Jane,

Without pictures, it is difficult to answer your question.  I know I have often been disappointed with the results of just liposuction to the "bra fat" area, and often discourage patients from having liposuction done.  Weight loss can do a lot to improve things in this area, but if not, excisional surgery may be needed.

By the way, what state is Somewhere in?

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon