Has Lipo in the Waist Around Love Handles Mostly in 2000, Still Have Loose Skin and I Work Out Daily. What is My Best Option?

Had Past Lipo Around Waist, Mostly Handle Area., in 2000, I Have Loose Skin Around These Areas., Workout Daily., Best Option?

How to improve on liposuction of hips

+1

Usually if after liposuction there is excess skin in the hip and abdominal region, a tummy tuck may be necessary.  This may be a mini if only lower abdominal skin excess is present so that the upper abdomen and umbilicus is not treated.  Also, it may be extended to the hip region to address excess skin in this area.  The scar is the only drawback but if the incision is closed appropriately, you can have a well positioned and hidden scar that will eventually fade and look great. 

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Had lipo, now still with loose skin?

+1

Lipo does a great jog of fat removal but not a great job of skin tightening. If you have loose skin, exercise or more lipo will probably only make it look worse, a skin removal procedure like a tummy tuck is what you will need. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction does not treat loose skin

+1

Obviously, in 12 years, your body contour may have changed.  However, additional liposuction would worsen the laxity of the skin.  You may need skin resection but, in the absence of photographs, it is impossible to comment further.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Loose Skin after Liposuction?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. If the problem is “loose skin” more liposuction is not the answer. Lipectomy (excision of excess skin/subcutaneous tissue) may be necessary.  The downside to this procedure will be the presence of a longer scar.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.