Buttock Lipo - Any Areas to Avoid?

Can Lipo Be Done to All Areas of the Buttock? Are There Any Landmarks to Avoid?

Areas to avoid in buttock liposuction

+2

what is typically considered the triangle to avoid is a triangle made from the central point between your buttocks cheeks with lines drawn downward to the ischial tuberosity, the bone you sit on. Within that area there are nerves that can be damaged and also blood vessels that can cause bleeding. The liposuction should be limited to the upper lateral shoulders of the buttocks. Performing a complete surface liposuction of the buttock can lead to saggy skin of the buttock as the supporting ligaments of the skin to the underlying tissues can be torn and leave you with saggy skin in the crease of your buttock.

Liposuction of the Buttocks

+2

In my opinion, there are two areas on the body that respond poorly to liposuction: one is the face (although lipo may be successful on the neck), the other area is the true buttock, although lipo is excellent in most cases above the buttocks around the waistline and below buttocks on the medial and lateral thigh. In view of this, I don't recommend liposuction of the buttocks or face.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, surgery, arm liposuction #beauty, #Zeltiq, @coolsculpting

+2

Dear Meganmarie

Liposuction of any portion of the body must be done with care.  Proper markings with you standing, notation of asymmetries and contour irregularities are very important.  The Buttocks, lateral and posterior things are all affected by gravity and the fat in this area does provide support and shape to the buttocks- so if too much is removed it can make the buttocks fall down- deepening the fold and accentuating what you do not want!!

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Selective liposuction of the buttocks works well

+1

Selective liposuction and lipocontouring is highly dependent on the skin elasticity especially in the buttock.  This is the single most crucial aspect of the success or failure of getting the desired result.  The gluteal crease is the area that most often results in poor outcome and I do not recommend liposuction of this area.  As a matter of fact, more often, I think fat grafting of this area is more desirable to get the "tighter" look that most women are looking for.  A thorough examination is crucial to assess whether skin elasticity is present prior to undertaking liposuction of the buttock area.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of buttocks in Atlanta

+1

Liposuction may be performed in the buttock for certain patients. However, there are areas to be avoided. A majority of my Atlanta patients who request buttock liposuction only need to have buttock sculpting or shaping with liposuction. Some require both shaping and fat injection for fuller and lifted buttock otherwise known as Brazilian butt lift.

If you decide to consult a cosmetic surgeon, please make sure to see Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Buttock lipo,SmartLipo,Vaser,Tumescent liposuction

+1

Liposuction including Smart Lipo,Vaser Lipo,Tumescent lipo can be done wherever fat is present to contour the area. This includes any where on the buttock. The plastic surgeon has to be careful wherever these procedures are done to avoid injury to nerves.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the Buttocks - Butt Reduction

+1

Hi meganmarie123 in atlanta,

Sure - you can do it anywhere, but the question is whether or not it's a good idea in YOUR case.  In order to determine that you would, of course, need to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon.

That being said, lipo of the buttocks region can be extremely gratifying for all involved (see the review on my page entitled "Butt Reduction")  It depends on what you look like now and what your skin, fibrous tissue and distribution of fat is (nothing personal, of course...).  For someone who has pretty good skin tone this procedure can make a dramatic improvement.  If, however, you have too much loose skin in that region that you have to consider that your buttocks may sag afterwards.

So, in short, it's an excellent procedure and dramatic results can be obtained.  However, you have to make sure that you're likely to get those results before you proceed.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Liposuction of the buttocks

+1

Buttock liposuction has to be done very conservatively if at all because it may lead to a "granny bottom" looking loose and saggy after the procedure.

All areas of the buttock can be done now with the new techniques.

+1

Liposuction of the buttocks does quite well and can be done to all areas to shape or sculpt the buttocks.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Buttocks Liposuction

+1

If you post pictures it would make answering your question more informative and allow us to give you specific advice.  Care must be taken with liposuction of the lower part of the buttocks to avoid loosing definition of the crease or drooping of the skin.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD