About Lipo and Fat Grafft to the Butt

when the Dr. do the lipo with fat trans to the butt, most the pt be under general anesthesia ? or they do it under local anestesia? Im scredule for surgery to have this procedure done, and im pretty scare..lol

Anesthesia for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The key here is COMFORT for the patient. If the patient is not comfortable than the surgeon isn't either. That being said most of my Brazilian Butt Lift (Liposuction and Fat Graft/Transfer to the buttocks)  procedures are performed under general anesthesia for this reason. I have on occasions performed this with mild IV sedation or oral sedation and local anesthesia, but this would be the exception rather than the rule.Ask your surgeon if you fit his/her criteria for this.

Fat transfer to the butt

+1

t can be done safely either way.I prefer general anaesthesia because I can take more fat and artistically plae it better. It depends on the confidece ofthe surgeon

Anesthesia for brazilian butt lift

+1

I think in general, patients are more comfortable with general or twilight anesthesia. Just using local may be umcomfortable.

Anesthesia for Liposuction and Fat Graft

+1

The scope of the surgery, patient's health/preferences, and the surgeon's preferences will all influence the choice of anesthesia.  Liposuction can be done with local anesthesia safely for the appropriate surgical candidate, but sedation/general anesthesia may be more appropriate for other patients. A detailed consultation with physical examination will yield the appropriate choice.

Most of the top liposuction docs don't use general anesthesia anymore.

+1

Liposuction under local anesthesia is becoming the golden standard now with the best results and safest method.  General anesthesia is not used by most of the top liposuction docs anymore. Under tumescent local anesthesia you are awake and comfortable and can stand up and move in all the best positions so your doc can liposculpt your areas the smoothest to get the best results. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/lipo.asp

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipo and anesthesia

+1

As long as you do your surgery in an accredited surgery center by a board certified plastic surgeon and board certified anesthesiologists, general anesthesia is very safe.

Dr. Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

brazilian But Lift can be extensive surgery to do the lipo around the buttocks to give it shape. Fat is transfered to the buttocks for projection and shaping.

Brazilian Butt Lift is usualy done under general anesthesia (you are put to sleep)

The procedure can take at least 4 hours, and may need to change position from lyig on your back to lying on your stomach during the procedure for best results and visualization.