Lipo After Cellulaze?

how long after cellulaze does one have to wait to lipo the same area?

Lipo after cellulaze should be delayed six to twelve weeks

+2

Depending on the starting point level of cellulite used and the intensity of the Cellulaze treatment it would be wise to wait six to twelve weeks for liposuction to be performed.

However, the appropriate sequence of events should be liposuction first, followed by Cellulaze treatment, to improve in the skin tightening and smooth out any possible imperfections.

Doing Cellulaze first and then lipo may prompt to a second Cellulaze treatment after the liposuction results have defined.

Plano Plastic Surgeon

Lipo after Cellulaze?

+1

It is ok to have Smartlipo after Cellulaze; typically you should wait at least 6 months after the Smartlipo procedure to make sure you are healed properly. Cellulaze will help to smooth out any uneven areas.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Timing of liposuction after Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for the question. I would recommend at least 3 months, if not 6 months, after the Cellulaze procedure before attempting the liposuction in the same area. Any earlier and the local swelling might not have resolved and could lead to further contour deformities. I hope this helps and best of luck. Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Lipo after Cellulaze

+1
Thank you for your question. Your Cellulaze results will unfold over the next 3-6 months, so I would suggest waiting at least this length of time before undergoing another procedure. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Liposuction after Cellulaze

+1

There is really no standard answer for how long to wait after Cellulaze to have liposuction in the same area that was treated.  Areas treated with Cellulaze continue to improve for at least 6 months following the procedure due to the changes that are occurring beneath the surface. (Collagen stimulation, tissue contraction, etc) Until this healing is complete you won't know all the benefits you've had from Cellulaze alone.  Regardless of this aspect of healing, it would be preferable to have the swelling resolve prior to treatment to have a more accurate view of the area being treated with liposuction...this can vary greatly by patient (weeks to months).  For the most accurate answer for you specifically, talk to your surgeon.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

How long to wait for lipo afyter Cellulaze?

+1

There's no waiting time. Both procedures can be done at the same time. I personally prefer to do the Cellulaze treatment first and then go on and do the liposuction.Often we see patients who need or would benefit from both procedures to obtain the best results. Also, this involves one recovery time instead of two.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

In skilled hands Cellulaze, Tumescent Lipo or SmarLipo can be performed on the same day.

+1

The official recommendation on Cynosure, the Cellulaze manufacturer is to not perform the procedures on the same day; however, In skilled hands Cellulaze, Tumescent Lipo or SmarLipo can be performed on the same day with excellent results.  

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipo After Cellulaze?

+1

I routinely do Cellulaze and Smart Lipo at the same time.  Only get numbed once and one recovery.  However, if you have had Cellulaze done already, you want to wait about 3 months for the swelling to be gone.  Otherwise, harder to judge how much fat to remove.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Lipo After Cellulaze

+1

In my opinion the minimum is 3 months post CELLULAZE. But 6 months would be best. Have you found a CELLULAZE certified doc? 

Lipo and cellulaze

+1

I would recommend you wait 3 months after your cellulaze treatment before considering liposuction treatment of the same area.   However, it would be my preference to perform liposuction first to treat the deep fat.   Then come back later to treat the superficial cellulite with cellulaze.   Although it is not wrong to perform both at the same time, I personally don't like to add too much into the mix at once.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS