Lipo After Breast Lift With Implant to Even Out Breasts?

I just had a breast lift and a small implant placed. One breast is larger than he other. My PS suggested doing lipo on the larger breast to make them the same size. I am concerned that I will be left with sagging skin. Should I have him redo the left lift and do the lipo w/the lift?

Liposuction might be an option for breast asymmetry

+2

Liposuction just might be an option for persistent breast asymmery after implants and a lift. However, the result will depend on the actual fatty content of the breast as some are quite dense. On the skin elasticity, your concerns might be spot on.

Liposuction combined with lift

+1

Liposuction of the breast can lead to sagging skin.  However, the sagging skin can be corrected with a peri-areola resection.  I am not clear which breast is smaller, the one with the implant or the one without the implant.  If the breast with the implant is larger, then a smaller implant can be placed and eliminate the need for liposuction

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the breasts

+1

Liposuction can be helpful in reducing the size of the larger breast as long as fatty tissue is prevalent and the skin elasticity is good. There is always a risk of sagging with liposuction of the breast, but less so with a small reduction.

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of breast

+1

Liposuction of the breast may be an option and as long as the skin has good elasticity and the amount removed is fairly small, it probably will be ok.