Need Lipo Advice 12 Years After Having Ultrasound-assisted, Tumescent-technique? (photo)

I had lipo of the lower abdomen done over 12 years ago. I have loose skin, unevenness, fluid build-up, and hardened scar tissue beneath my strange-looking belly button. I need advice on how to fix it to a point where I don't look like an alien is living in my stomach. I have areas that bulge right above my pubic region, and it bulges through my clothing. The waistband of my pants makes an indent from the fluid. I've also gained weight in upper abdomen/love handles. Please give advice.

Uneven appearance several years after liposuction

+1

With age and weight gain/loss, patients may develope excess skin that cannot be fixed with just liposuction. From your photos, I would suggest a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty with liposuction to the hip rolls. the tummy tuck would remove the excess skin hanging down, and reposition the loose skin on the abdomen. this can be done as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia. the excess fat is also removed during the tummy tuck to give a  smooth appearance to the abdomen.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

12 Years After Having Ultrasound-assisted, Tumescent-technique?

+1

Thanks for the question. From the photos I can see that you at present is a candidate for Tummy tuck combined with Liposuction in my opinion. I off course need to examine you to confirm this but this is the opinion based on photos. This is irrespective to what ever was done to your tummy 12 years ago. If you want to avoid liposuction just a TT can also improve you significantly. WIsh you good luck.

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/body/tummy-tuck.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Body contour surgery

+1

More details are necessary but you look overweight with a significant intra-abdominal component.  I am not sure if an abdominoplasty will give you what you want.

Liposuction of the abdomen

+1

You need a tummy tuck and liposuction of the upper abdomen and flanks to give you the shape and curves you want.

You have too much lax skin and folding of the skin to benifit from liposuction only.

You need a good examination and good plan for the appropriate surgery that will give you the body shape you want

Control of Weight then Tummy Tuck

+1

Weight loss and stable weight would be the first place to start.  Then an abdominoplasty would be a reasonable way to improve your contour. 

Dr. ES

Tummy Tuck after Previous Liposuction

+1

There is loose skin here that can be removed with a tummy tuck, and additional liposuction can be performed as well.  Weight loss should also be considered for optimal results.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.