I had Liposuction on abs, flanks & outter thighs 4 wks ago. I see no change on my flanks. (photos)

I weigh 114 and I am 5'1. They took out 900cc. My abs look great but my flanks which were the reason why I decided to get the procedure done look just a bit different. I am very worried because this was the only reason why I decided to get lipo. Could ot be that I am extremely swollen just on the flanks? My abs or thighs are not swollen. I am wearing my compression garment and putting arnica cream everyday. I have gotten lymphatic massages and ultrasound, about 7 in total! Helppp

No difference in liposuction

+1
Thank you for your pictures. I think that you have a good result thus far. The results will continue to improve over the next several months. Content to wear your compression garment as prescribed by your plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Liposuction Results

+1
It takes a minimum 3 months to see expected results and sometimes up to 6 months, depending on the type of procedures and how aggressive.  You should speak to your physician.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction results

+1
I ask my patients to not look for results for a minimum of four months. Unfortunately it takes time to see your best results.  Best of luck

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I had Liposuction on abs, flanks & outter thighs 4 wks ago. I see no change on my flanks.

+1
Keep in mind that at 4 weeks you are still in your healing period and will still have some swelling going on. Check your garment with your surgeon to ensure it is still fitting properly because typically we downsize our patients to a smaller garment as the swelling resolves and they get loose.  It sounds like you are doing all of the right things with the LMD, US, garment, etc.  That being said, you still look swollen in your after pictures so I wouldn't stress too much at this point.  I would schedule a followup appointment with your surgeon where good after pictures can be taken and compared to your before. I typically don't take any after pics on my lipo patients until 3 months postop because of swelling.

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+1
First I am NOT your surgeon in MIAMI, so I comment that I see the improvement in ALL your areas from the posted photos... Maybe you need to see your surgeon IN PERSON to discuss the flank issue (but again I see a change). If after 3 months of healing you are not happy- a revision lipo under local anesthesia "could" be offered. But the risks of dents could occur must  be understood. 

+1
Thank you for your question .
You need to ask your surgeon what was amount injected per buttocks. Did you show your surgeon your wish pictures before ?
Did he tell you to gain more weight before having your procedure?

Did he have years experiance in these procedures?

Mel T. Ortega, MD