When Can Lipo Be Done to the Abs After a Tummy Tuck Scar Revision Procedure?

I had a tt scar revision with some muscle repair to my obliques. How long should i wait to get lipo done to my abs for definition? My stomach is flat but i would like it to be more defined, i exercise and diet but still dont get cut up abs, so hopefully lipo will give me that. I would like to do it as soon as i can, im tired of taking time off my life to recover from surgeries. Just want to put it past me already until i get old and then start doing things to my face to age gracefully. Thanks.

Wait 3-6 months after tummy tuck to do your lipo fine tuning.

+2

I advise patients to wait at least 3 months and closer to 4-6 months after tummy tucks to get the needed liposucation fine tuning to make the abs look great.  Talk to your doc .  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuciton on abdomen following tummy tuck

+1

Iwould generally advise waiting at least 3-4 months prior to considering liposuction of the abdomen following liposuction.

Liposuction after a tummy tuck

+1

I would wait at least three to six months before undergoing a revision surgery after a  tummy tuck.  This will give enought time for most swelling to dissipate.

Lipo 3-6 months After Tummy Tuck

+1

I would recommend waiting 3-6 months to be sure you are fully healed from your previous procedure before getting the lipo.  

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lipo post tummy Revision

+1

I think the most important thing is to be sure all the swelling is gone from your abdomen.It sounds as though you are tight and tiny so you need to be sure all the swelling is gone and this could be 6-8 weeks.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after tummy tuck.

+1

you should wait a minimum of three months after major muscular surgery before entertaining liposuction so as not to disturb the tender healing areas. In addition, you want to have the least swelling in the area when you undergo liposuction to determine what the endpoint is.

Ronald Shelton, MD

3 months

+1
Typically would wait about three months to be sure you are back to full activity and that you are well healed and your swelling is down. You don't want to do more surgery before you're sure the first one didn't do the trick. Good luck Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Lipo Be Done to the Abs After a Tummy Tuck Scar Revision Procedure

+1

I recommend my patients to wait at least 3 months for full healing but longer is better. Check with your chosen surgeon for their protocol. Best to follow that. From MIAMI Dr.B