I Had Lipo on Abdomen, Inner/Outer Thighs and Flank Area and BBL About 3 Weeks Ago. Is It Safe to Go in an Indoor Tanning Bed?

If not how long should I wait. I never tan my face. I have always used tanning beds and will continue to do so. I just want to know if it will affect results to the BBL

Tanning After Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery

+1

A tanning bed can cause hyper-pigmentation of the scars. This causes the scars to become dark and noticeable. I recommend that you wait at least a year before using tanning beds so that the scar can adequately heal and the risk of darkening decreases.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Hello

+1

Going into the tanning bed is not bad, the only thing is that your scarring can be altered by the tanning. If you cover your incisions with something or if you dont care that you might scar a little more because of the tanning. We usually tell our patients to wait at least 6 weeks.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS