Bigger After Lipo. Is This Normal?

I Had Lipo 10 Days Ago and See No Results, Bigger Than Before, is This Normal? The ps remove 500 from each inner thigh and 600 from each flank/ab area.

Is it normal to be bigger immediately after liposuction?

+2

Yes.  Initially there is swelling and the residual fluid required for the tumescent technique.  Depending on the amount of liposuction, the area of your body,  your age and skin quality the swelling may last even several months.  I recommend a comfortable form of compression garment to help this resolve sooner.

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - ? Results at 10 Days

+2

Hi racquel in atlanta, ga,

I obviously can't say for sure, but it is common to have a lot of swelling in the early post operative period after lipo.  Some areas have more swelling than others.  In my experience, the thighs tend to have a lot of swelling while the stomach and hips/flanks have less.  I tell my patients that it takes 4-6 weeks to see 85% of the result, 3 months to see 95% and 6 months to see 100% of the result. 

So if you don't see a difference in your thighs, I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest.  If you see no difference at all in your stomach and/or hips/flanks, I'd be a little more surprised about that.  You should, of course, talk to your own plastic surgeon.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS