Liplift or Permalip Implant? (photo)

I have a very small upperlip which doesn't look nice with my "normal", much thicker bottom lip. I unfortunally live in Europe and every doctor that I have visited so far has tried to talk me into taking injections or lip implants. I have added a picture of my lips and I would love if someone could advice me on whether injections/implants would fit me or if I would turn into a duck :) p.s. can anyone please recommend a good dr in europe to me? thank you very much in advance.

Upper lip enhancements are easy to undergo and look very natural.

+1

Most patients who come in for lip enhancements do so for the smaller upper lip and start with temp. fillers such as restylane/juvederm for $550 then when they see what size and shape they want, then they get the permanent implants of which there are 3 main types and run $1500-2000 each. It is all done under local anesthesia and very easy to undergo. Some doc still inject fat and have unpredictable results which last 6 months to 2 yrs for $1500-2500. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Upper Lip Treatment Options

+1

You have mentioned a variety of lip treatment options and think of them as a graded approach. Start with injectable fillers and see what result you get. If the result is favorable then you can eventually consider an implant if further or repeat injections is not desired. If fillers do not create the look you want, then neither will an implant. You would only then consider a lip lift as your remaining option which can increase central lip volume and short the vertical skin distance between the upper lip and base of the nose.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Lip lift vs implants

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane have several advantages over permanent lip implants. One obvious advantage is that surgery is not required. Another is that you can get either a rapid or a gradual correction depending upon how many syringes you have injected and you can decide as you go exactly how much correction looks good. Also, as your face ages it changes over the years. Touch up treatments are constantly being modified to fit the changing face. The video link below shows me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip lift or fillers to the upper lip.

+1

A lip lift requires a scar at the lip line or below the nostrils--do NOT do that.  Fat grafting which I have done for 35 years will give you more volume without a scar.  If properly done you should have a 20-30percent gain.  Photos on we site. 

Liplift or Permalip Implant?

+1

This is a very good question and one that frequently seems to come up.  Your upper lip is quite thin compared to your lower lip.  Aesthetically, the ideal proportion should be the upper lip is 75% of the lower lip size. A lip lift would reduce the space between the nose and upper lip and create more red portion of the upper lip however, it can't by itself increase the actual lip volume.  For that to happen, you'd have to get fillers to the lip every 6 months or have Alloderm placed in the upper lip making them more aesthetically proportioned to the lower lips.

I have used Alloderm for lip augmentation for well over 15 years and find it's vastly superior to perma lip or other more stiff and rigid lip implants. Alloderm last about 7 years and is soft and supple.  Hope this helps.

Lip augmentation

+1

A good way to augment the lip, albeit requiring repeated treatment, is by having a filler placed. I am not a fan of permanent implants.  Good luck.