Lip Tuck/Reduction Needed to Remove Unknown Filler?

I had an unknown filler injected into my lips years ago and went through two lip reductions to reverse it. The bottom lip is fine however the upper lip looks disproportionate because the skin above the upper lip is too far projected making it look unnatural. It isn't the lip shape that bothers me, it's the part ABOVE the upper lip; it sticks out more than the lip itself. How do I reduce this?

Surgery of "monkey mouth"

+4

I have had patient's label this deformity as "Monkey Mouth".  That name, though a little harsh, describes the defect perfectly.  Over-filling of that area is difficult to operate upon because the anatomy of the pre-maxillary area is very complex.  Muscle, nerve and vessels complicate simply going in and cutting out tissue.  Many of us have had good results injecting a combination of 5FU, Kenalog and Hyaluronidase to such defects.  See your doctor about it.

Removing silicone from the lips

+1

Silicone lip injections are quite common and physically distorting to the overall lip contour.  I have removed these successfully, and it appears as though you are a candidate for the removal of foreign tissue from the lip. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS