Lip Scar? (photo)

I had an accident 8 years ago and my bottom tooth went through my lip. Now I have this bump of what feels like scar tissue on my bottom lip. How can I get rid of it?

Scar Revision in the Lower Lip

+1

Thank you for posting this question and your picture. Based on your description and what I see in the photo, it seems like the scar could be carefully excised. This would be followed by a meticulous layered closure to promote smooth, flat healing.  I recommend finding a qualified surgeon who specializes in lip surgery and discussing your specific goals before proceeding. Good luck!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lip scar revision

+1

I would recommend a surgical removal of the excess lip scar and layered closure. This will provide you with an improvement in your scar.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Options to treat lip scar

+1

I would recommend surgically excising your lower lip scar.  I believe that would give you the best result.  Luckily, incisions on the lips normally heal very well and the scars there usually are not very noticeable.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision to lower lip?

+1

Yes, you certainly are a candidate for a scar revision of that lower lip. Yes, you will still have a scar but, usually it is allot less noticeable. These procedures are typically performed in the office setting under local anesthesia. Consider a member of the ASPS in your local area. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon