What Are My Best Options For Lip Scar Treatment? (photo)

I cut my upper lip 5 weeks ago playing basketball. It was stitched immediately at the ER but only outside sutures were used even though it was very wide and deep. Stitches were removed 5 days later but the wound didn't appear to be fully closed. Now I have an indented scar and a hard, numb scar across the vermilion border. Can this be treated? Should I see a doctor now or wait until it heals further? Thank you.

Lip scar revision to improve indentation of the lips

Lip scars such as this depressed scar can be improved with subcision or surgical scar revision, both of which can produce excellent results. See an example of a lip scar on our website.