What Are My Best Options For Lip Scar Treatment? (photo)

I cut my upper lip 5 weeks ago playing basketball. It was stitched immediately at the ER but only outside sutures were used even though it was very wide and deep. Stitches were removed 5 days later but the wound didn't appear to be fully closed. Now I have an indented scar and a hard, numb scar across the vermilion border. Can this be treated? Should I see a doctor now or wait until it heals further? Thank you.

Lip scar revision to improve indentation of the lips

+1

Lip scars such as this depressed scar can be improved with subcision or surgical scar revision, both of which can produce excellent results. See an example of a lip scar on our website.