Dog Bite Lip Scar Treatment

I was bitten by a dog Feb 2010 I had 19 Stitches in my lip what treatments are available. The scar looks like a Cold Sore it is on the side of my lip and it's raised

Scar treatment for lips can be done either surgically or with filler

+1

Scar treatment for lips can be done either surgically or with filler. If the scar is indented, you can lift it with filler. If it’s an elevated scar, it usually needs surgery to cut it out or sometimes your doctor can laser it.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip Scar Treatment after Dog Bite

+1

Dog bites can cause terrible injuries or infections. The wound is cleansed and carefully closed with plastic surgery to restore facial function and appearance. Facial injuries should be evaluated by a plastic surgeon specialist soon after injury. Followup treatments include wound care, steroid injections, and medications to promote healing and minimize scarring. Lip enhancement with fat injections or grafting may help once adequate healing occured to augment depressed scars. Scar revision surgery may also be required, as needed. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a facial surgeon specialist can he/she help determine appropriate options for you.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/med-spa/lip-enhancement.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar on lip

+1

The best thing to do is have ti evaluated by a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist. They can often recommendations for treatment based upon how it is healing.

Lip scar

+1

Scars on the lip can be unsightly.  Your scar  is 5 months old and I would advise to wait until at least 9 months before pursuing surgical revision.  In the meantime, scars can be improved with silicone sheeting or gel such as Mederma, avoidance of sun exposure, and sometimes steroid injection. 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lipo scar

+1

Without a picture it is very difficult to advise you.

Consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON and discuss your options