Lip Reduction - Empty Feeling in Lip Post-op

I had injected fat syringed out my lip a few months ago. However, my lip feels kind of empty in places now. Why may this have happened? Will it resolve? Thanks very much.

Fat transfer removed from lip, now what?

+2

I'm not a fan of fat transfer as it still is unreliable compared to fillers and lip implants.  When the fat was removed with a lipo canula, it may have caused some tears or disruptions to the lip muscle (the lips are all muscle without a true fat layer) which would create the depressions or dips which may or may not get better with time.  Avoid fat to the lips and use fillers and lip implants of Alloderm or silastic, IMHO.

Fat injections in the lips are very variable and very difficult to reverse

+1

Fat injections in the lips are very variable and very difficult to reverse.  If there are hollow areas one of the best things to do is to even them out with a filler such as Juvederm or Restylane. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon