Lip Reduction to Correct Skin Grafts Threaded Through Lips

Hi, I had a dermal fat graft 2 strips of skin taken from my lower bikini line and threaded through my upper and lower lips 2 years ago. I do not like the way it looks. Both lips protrude to much and my teeth don't show as much anymore. I also have a lump in the center of my lower lip. Can I have lip reduction to correct this. I understand that a strip of skin will have to be cut out of both lips. Is this safe and will it effect the movment of my lips?

Los Angeles Lip Reduction Surgery following Lip Enhancement

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

It is possible to undergo a lip reduction and symmetry correction procedure following lip enhancement with dermal fat grafts.  The procedure does involve incisions and depending on the severity of your case, perfectly symmetric results are not always attainable. Without seeing photographs, I cannot determine where you lie on the spectrum of complexity.  Additionally, keep in mind that lip surgery of this sort will have considerable post-procedural swelling, lasting weeks and weeks, especially in patients with a past history of lip surgery such as your.  

I recommend highly you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon who has ample experience in lip enhancement and reduction surgery.  

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/lip-augmentation-surgery.php

Reversing a Lip Augmentaion often possible

+1

Yes it is possible to reduce your lips to more of your liking in general, but without an exam or photos the specific technique in unclear. You should be able to move your lips well following the surgery. My Best advice; see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Reversing lip augmentation

+1

You have a challenging problem and it is best managed by someone who can see you face to face and who can evaluate your concerns to determine the best course of action.  If the graft is actually the lumps, then it makes sense to go after it.  If the lips are just lumpy, then you could focus on the more concerning areas, perhaps taking baby steps in trying to appreciate how you heal following such procedures.  Best of luck in achieving your goals.

Lip surgery San Diego

+1
Seek professional consultation. In my opinion, YES, some element of volume can be removed from the lip, although I would not include skin (unless you need a lip lift anyway for dental show). These procedures are safe, but carry risk: need for further surgery, some numbness, dissatisfaction with result, etc.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com