Lip Reduction and Chin Implant

I want a softer profile and believe my big bottom lip makes my receded chin look even more receded. Is this because of my mild overbite(2mm)? I don't want to undergo a jaw surgery and would like to know if it's possible to fix this with a chin implant and lip reduction only? I've attached a picture of how my ideas are where picture C is how I want it to look like. I'm not looking for perfection, just want it to look fairly like in picture C. Thanks!

Lower lip is fine, the chin is weak.

+3

IMHO, your lower lip is fine and looks good with a slight pout as it should aesthetically.  You chin is quite weak and should be augmented with a chin implant.  You are not a candidate for a lower lip reduction.

Lip Reduction and Chin Implant

+2

Chin augmentation should be a good plan for you.  It is simpler and less morbid than mandibular advancement.

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Chin and lip surgery done together or separately.

+2

Chin and lip surgery done together or separately will give you what you are looking for. You may want to just do the chin first to see if you will even want the lip surgery later.

Chin Implant Augmentation and Lower Lip Reduction For Improved Lower Facial Appearance

+2

I think you have shown quite clearly on your own that the approach of chin augmentation and lower lip reduction will produce a good result for you. Your chin deficiency is only moderate and you do not need any type of jaw or orthognathic surgery. A reduction of the lower lip will help it roll back and become less prominent. What you have shown by Photoshop is both realistic and achievable by surgery. They both can be done together as an outpatient procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Lip Reduction and Chin Implant

+2

From your photographs, it appears you may best be served by consulting a cosmetic Maxillofacial surgeon. Your jaw would need to be cut and moved forward with much greater accuracy than the placement of a chin implant.

Dr. Peter A Aldea