Lower Lip Reconstruction

I have an 18 year old bite injury that requires past plastic surgery. The old scar runs down lip over vermillion border and back up to top of lip. The area had a recent cyst removed that caused my vermillion border to be depressed down. The old injury was always puffy, but looks more raised now. My lower ip line is affected. The bite mark is the size of my fingernail.

Lip scar and revision

+1

I am in agreement with my colleagues. It is too early to undertake any interventions at this point. Allow sufficient time for resolution of swelling and then consider planning a scar revision with approximation of the vermillion and possible soft tissue augmentation

Lower Lip Bite Scar Revision

+1

Regarding; "Lower Lip Reconstruction
I have an 18 year old bite injury that requires past plastic surgery. The old scar runs down lip over vermilion border and back up to top of lip. The area had a recent cyst removed that caused my vermillion border to be depressed down. The old injury was always puffy, but looks more raised now. My lower ip line is affected. The bite mark is the size of my fingernail
."

Over a third of the lip can be removed if needed with nice results as long as the vermilion border is nicely matched. In your case this appears not to have been the case with obvious notching.

I would wait until all swelling from the cyst removal subsided for a few months. At that time a scar revision should get you very nice results.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Lower lip reconstruction.

+1

Once the swelling has gone down(6-12 months) from your prior surgery, you can a a scar revision to properly align the lip. If bulk is needed, this can be added as well.

Lip Reconstruction

+1

Once the most recent incision has healed, the swelling resolved, and tissues settled, you can have a scar revision surgery which should help raise the indentation and align the vermillion border.  

Web reference: http://www.shaferplasticsurgery.com