Misshapen Lip After Chin Implant

My lower lip is misshapen and also pushed it upwards so that my smile no longer shows bottom teeth. It's been a year since my chin implant. I had a winning smile, but now it's crooked and shows only upper teeth.

I had it re-done two weeks ago; the doctor shaved the sides of it down and the middle part. There is a change, but lower lip still pushed up too far and misshapen. I am praying that it's only swelling but I doubt it. Next step is taking it out and he wants to do that with only local injection.

Picture only shows lower lip pushed up to far. Misshapen lip is half of lower right lip, crooked and fatter in one spot. I don't know what to do, I want my smile back! What can be done? Thanks for your time!

2 weeks after chin revision

+1

2 weeks after chin revision is too early to evaluate your smile.  implants do sometimes restrict lower lip movement and you may have to remove it if your smile matters more that the size of your chin

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/chin_augmentation.php

Remove implant to see if any return of function occurs

+1

The chin implant placement should not have any bearing on the muscle function of the lower lip. If the lower lip is paralyzed even after one year post chin implantation, the function will not return. One can simply remove the chin implant to see if any return of function may occur.

Unfortunately, no good distance advice possible

+1

It is really difficult to give you much meaningful advice from the distance. A thorough examination and patience for healing after your most recent procedure are necessary.

Removal of a Silastic chin implant under local anesthesia should be relatively easy for you.

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.