How safe are lip lifts?

I simply want to make the length between my nose and mouth shorter, that is it. I do not want bigger lips. How long has this technique existed? How safe is it? Are there any nerves in that area? How is that surgery even possible?

Lip lifts are safe

+1

Lip lifts are an extremely safe operation. They are done under local anesthesia and take about 15 minutes. This shortens the length between your nose and upper lip and does not interfere with nerves. Surgery is performed by excising the skin below the nose-face junction.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lifts

+1

Lip lifts have been around for over 50 years and are a very safe procedure. There are no nerves at the base of the nose to be concerned with. A subnasal lip lift will make the central part of your upper lip a little fuller and will definitely shorten the distance between the nose and the upper lip by about a 1/4 to a 1/3.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD