Lip Lift Vs. Lip Augmentation To Create More Sultry Lips?

I want to reduce the length between my nose to my upper lip. I also want to enhance the appearance create a more sultry lip/lips. Would a lip lift accomplish both of these objectives? or do I need to do them seperately? I would be having a rhinoplasty at the same time as this proceedure.

Lip lift or lip augmentation.

+1

The first computer signs of aging in the human female face is a lengthing of the upper lip, discouragingly around the age of 20. Older women may develop an upper lip that hangs like a curtain, totally hiding the upper teeth.When you look in a mirror you should get a hint of your upper teeth. If this is not the case then you need a lip shortenig procedure simply done under local anesthesia as an office procedure. This procedure will result in a cleverly placed scar at the base of your nose but with a more youthfull upper lip, I think that it is worth the trade. Lip enhancement, or augmentation, needs something that makes the lip appear fuller. Injectables are temporary and of not enough volume. Look into lip implants, simple and changeable. All of this should be evaluated prior to surgery and can be safely performed at the same time at any other facial cosmetic surgery.    

Lip Lift to Shorten & Augment Lip

+1

A lip lift, if done correctly, will accomplish both of your goals. The lift can be done with an incision just under the nose or along the vermillion border, depending on your lip shape and how much change in the lip is needed. Both will shorten the upper lip and will generally give you more upper tooth show. Make sure that whomever you see has significant experience in multiple ways to modify the lip.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift For More Sultry Lip Result ?

+1

Only a subnasal lip lift can reduce the vertical skin distance between the nose and the lip but it will have only a limited effect on increasing the size of the lip vermilion. Injectable fillers or a lip implant may be concurrently needed. A lip lift and an open rhinoplasty should not be performed at the same time. That leaves only a small amount of skin between the two incisions. While the intervening skin may have no survival issues, there is some risk of skin viability.It is better to remove that concern completely by simply not doing it together.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/liip.html

+1

Lifting the lip would be able to decrease the distance between the nose and upper lip but it will not increase the volume of the lips themselves.  To increase the upper lip volume, IMHO, you can inject Restylane or Juvederm into the border of the lip or add Alloderm or a silastic lip implant.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Lip Lift/Lip Augmentation

+1

This is a popular request.  The length between the nose to the upper lip can be shortened with a lip lift and either fillers or a lip implant can enhance the fullness of the lips.  I recommend consulting with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you desire!

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Lip Lift vs Lip Augmentation

+1

Everyone feels a little bit differently lip lift surgery, I tend to discourage most patients from pursuing it.  There will always be a scar visible on the skin.  In young skin without any wrinkles or creases the scar is even more challenging to camouflage. 

In my opinion lip augmentation using injectable fillers offers the best option for creating full, voluptuous  appearing lips.  Both temporary fillers (Juvederm, Restylane) and permanent fillers (Silikon 1000) can be precisely and artistically placed into the lips. Many times by adding volume to the lips the cupids bow and skin above the lips appears proportionately smaller, obviating the need for a lip lift procedure.

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift or fillers with rhinoplasty.

+1

These can be done together with fillers and or lip lift.  But a scar is made under the nostrils to do a lip lift so you would be wise to try fillers alone.  See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does lip lifts as well. 

Enhancing Lips

+1

Your questions can be much more effectively answered in person. Often you can achieve what you want with just lip augmentation, but again, I would really need to see you in consultation to give you my opinion of how to best achieve what you want.  I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=26