Can A Lip Lift Address Upper Lip Width or Thickness?

I understand that a bull horn lift can shorten length of the upper lip. Is it possible to reduce width of the upper lip and/or thickness? I ask because my upper lip is too wide or has the appearance of being too wide because the area (muscle, skin, fat?) at the base of my nose and philtrum is thick ...

Reduction in Width of Upper Philtrum

+1

Eric, What an interesting question.  If I understand you correctly, your complaint is about your lip being too long but also about your philtrum, (i.e. the dimple between the two elevations known as crista) being too wide.  If I am correct in my assumptions, then the question is, would it be possible to thin or narrow the philtrum.  The answer is, of course, yes but unfortunately the scar may be totally unacceptable.  

This is a great question for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, especially one with significant experience in cleft lip repairs. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Surgery of the upper lip is possible

+1

It is possible to do many things to the upper lip but I agree, without seeing a photo I cannot comment because I would need to see exactly what bothers you.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Upper lip

+1

Thick upper lip,

I need to see pictures to give you a response...............................................