Is a Lip Lift the Correct Procedure for Me?

I am 20 years old. I have an oval-shaped and well-proportioned face overall, but I consider my upper lip to be too long. I already have full lips, so would not want them to look much fuller, but I have been considering a bullhorn lip lift to make my upper lip shorter, in a way that is subtle, but effective at making me look prettier overall. I also have good teeth show when I smile, and whould not want a lip lift to make my smile very toothy/gummy. Would a bullhorn lip lift be right for me?

Lip Lift for patient with good teeth show.

+1

The Bull-Horn Lip Lift is a very versatile procedure and the surgeon should be able to understand your needs and craft his approach to your individual case. The key elements of a successful Lip Lift are:

• Upper lip length of 1.1 to 1.5 cm length depending on the individual
  • Upper tooth show of 2-4 mm
  • Is central elevation at the Cupid's Bow the dominant objective?
  • Is elevation lateral to the Cupid's bow the dominant element?

In your particular case it may be that going for a mild elevation at the Cupid's bow, where you already have good tooth show. The elevation may be picked up more lateral to the Cupid's bow to give you a more balanced elevation without a gummy smile. 

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2010/09/12/lip-lift-technical-description-of-the-procedure/