Will a Lip Lift Help my Smile?

when i smile and talk you can barely see my upper front teeth. I was told that i have a long upper lip but that a lip lift wouldn't help my smile because it is more dependent on the way my facial muscles pull rather than the length of my upper lip...any advice?

A lip lift for helping smiles

+1

An alternative to lip augmentation, the lip lift reduces the space between the bottom of your nose and the top of your lips. Some people are born with a longer space, while other people start to notice it more with the aging process. I have found that the ideal distance is around 1.1 cm. Reducing that distance can imrprove a smile, but you'll want to discuss your particulars with a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in preforming the procedure.

For a technical description of the lip lift, see my recent blog post noted here in the web reference.

Lip Lift

+1

Lip motion and teeth show is a function of the multiple muscles involved in the smile. Alip lift may cause the teeth a slight show, but you will have to accept a scar at the base of the nose. Consult an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Upper lip lift

+1

A lip lift, specifically a bull's horn type lift, may expose more of the central upper teeth (incisors). It will no lift the outer corners unless a corner lift is done. A corner lift will not generally produce more "dental show".