Will a Lip Lift Help my Smile?

when i smile and talk you can barely see my upper front teeth. I was told that i have a long upper lip but that a lip lift wouldn't help my smile because it is more dependent on the way my facial muscles pull rather than the length of my upper lip...any advice?

A lip lift for helping smiles

An alternative to lip augmentation, the lip lift reduces the space between the bottom of your nose and the top of your lips. Some people are born with a longer space, while other people start to notice it more with the aging process. I have found that the ideal distance is around 1.1 cm. Reducing that distance can imrprove a smile, but you'll want to discuss your particulars with a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in preforming the procedure.

For a technical description of the lip lift, see my recent blog post noted here in the web reference.