Doctor Recommendations for Gullwing Lip Lift Scar Revision

Had a gullwing lip lift 2 years ago, the surgeon made the incision 2 millimetres above the lip line boarder, now i'm left with a nasty indented visual scar that runs along above my top lip. Im looking for a surgeon that has experience with this kind of revision and could excise the scar and re preform the surgery.. I would be so grateful for any recommendations, I am willing to travel anywhere.

Lip lift complications and revision

+2

I have unfortunately seen several patients with what you describe which usually ends up looking like arepaired bilateral cleft lip deformity.  Depending on the configuration of the scarring I have restored pleasant aesthetics of the lip by fat grafting +/- scar revision depending on the individual deformity.  A carefully designed volume restoration with fat can provide incredible improvement.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://wwwRianMaercksMD.com

Revision of gullwing incision

+1

That incision placement sounds unconventional, and may limit your options right now.  It's possible that your best solution is not just revision, but laser dermabrasion as well.  However your surgeon would need to see you to discuss such an approach.

I also agree that any respected plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon in your area would be able to address this for you.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

SCAR

+1

Find  a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consult. You will always have a scar. The question can it be made better. All plastic surgeons are qualified to revise these scars.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.