Remove Scars from a Lip Lift?

I had a permanent lip augmentation 2 years ago called a lip lift....it is very similar to a lip vermillion where the lips are pulled up (like a face lift) and stitched to it's position. I have no implants, fillers or lip injections.) I have scars around the border of my lips from this procedure. The scars are thin, white lines. My problem is that my scars feel very firm and tight. I was wondering if there are any lasers that would help?

White scars from lip lift can be camoflauged

+1

The scar tissue itself is difficult to "reverse", (you can try massage), but the white color can be treated by a permanent make-up tattooist that has been trained in this. Surgeons whom do breast reconstruction work with these tattooists to "color" reconstructed nipples, and you should be able to get a referral by asking one of them for a recommendation.

Crestone Plastic Surgeon

Scars from a lip lift

+1

There is no way to "remove" a scar - they are permanent.  Vigorous massage would be the first line treatment with no downside.  Steroid injection can help but can also atrophy the normal fat making dents.  Lasers are ineffective in this setting.  Try massage!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Lip Lift

+1

You have not told us exactly where the scar is and what is the problem with the scar.

You have to understand every time we get a cut deep enough, we will heal by scarring.

Sometimes a scar revision may improve the scar. If the scar is thick, steroids can help. Some lasers such as laser resurfacing can help if you have the right skin color.

Removing Lip lift scar

+1

There is no way to remove a lip lift scar, but it can be softened.

Consider first a dilute steroid injection, then if that doesn't help, consider fat injections. It is not a fat injection to make the lip bigger, but using a small cannula to break up the scar and inject the gap created with small droplets of fat.

Hope this helps!

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Options for scars from direct lip lift

+1

Generally there are few lasers that will helpt to soften scars.

Triamciniolone injections may soften the scar but also result in atrophy or redness,

I would enourage stretching and scar massage and contemplate skin needling as an option. Topical silicone gels may help but it may be late for that intervention.

In regards to the white scars, you could consider permanent micopigmentation as an option.