Lip Lift Scar Concerns: Continuation? (photo)

I got my stitches removed yesterday and was told by my Doc to apply silicone gel to the scar. The leaflet says, however, that it can't be used unless at least 3 weeks have passed since the stitches removal. I applied it yesterday as advised, now I'm worried that it will worsen my scar. Also, the gel is hardly removable and even though I washed it with water and soap and used a piece of bandage soaked with disinfectant liquid it won't come off and I'm afraid it's because the wound is too fresh.

Lip lift and silicone gel

I recommend letting the scar close completely before using silicone cream. You should be safe at about 2 weeks. I doubt that you have caused any harm at this point.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

6355 East Kemper Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241

Lip Lift Post Op

You should follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for your post op care.  The scars heal very well after a lip lift, and are usually in the crease at the base of the nose.  We put them in this location for cosmetic reasons.  I have never seen the need to recommend silicone gel strips following lip lift surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

980 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342