Lip Lift Revision

Please help, im looking for a lip lift revision. I had a gull wing lip lift 3 years ago. I am really upset and paranoid with the indented scar that runs 2mm above my lip line boarder no amount of makeup covers it. I am seeking a surgeon that can successfully revise this - what should I look for in a surgeon and what type of suture should I expect will be used in the revision?. Any advice really appreciated.

Revision Lip Lift

+5

The visible scar is one of the main reasons why I don't perform the incision at the vermilion border.  However, the scar can be significantly improved through a combination of surgical and non-surgical techniques.  As a facial plastic surgeon, I work with a team that is highly specialized to deal with this kind of problem.

Lip Lift, San Diego, CA

+3

In agreement with other surgeons who answered, the chief disadvantage of the type of lip lift you had is the unpredictability of the resulting scar.  DON'T BE TOO CONCERNED, IT CAN BE IMPROVED!  You are correct to seek this improvement from a surgeon experienced in lip lifts, who will perform the procedure very carefully under magnification.  Even so, the result is unpredictable.   Injectable corticosteroids and post-surgical massage may be part of the plan for scar management.  If the lip vermilion becomes too small after scar excision and closure, augmentation with filler and/or conventional lip lift via subnasal approach may also be part of the plan. 

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

Lift Lift Video: Scar above lip after vermillion border lip lift

+3

That is one of the reasons why I don't like doing lip lifts at the vermillion border. They are too noticeable.  Even a little scar there is unnatural.  I don't think that the scar is that bad.  Its just the area that it is in. I think you could get that excised and leave a very small incisional scar but it has to be done very carefully.  This could be hard to improve though.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip shortening

+3

First you have the wrong surgery, the placement of the scar is wrong.

What you need is a very skilled BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON, not an amateur.

Placement of the scar is more important than type of sutures and still you may NOT have a perfect result

Revisions on Lip Lift

+2
This is usually why I do not recommend direct lip lifts, due to the potential for scarring.  It may be possible to excise and close up the scar, or maybe just laser resurfacing is the way to go.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryoftheface.com/pages/lip_sculpting.htm

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon