I had a lip lift procedure almost 2 weeks ago now. I am devastated. Do I have to wait for Lip Lift Revision?

Please help. I had a lip lift procedure almost 2 weeks ago now. I am devastated and have not had he courage to go back to work or even see my friends. I wanted it kept to myself. I am really upset due to the fact that there is alot more nostril show and i really hate the look of my smile. The space in between my nostrils is so much more visible. Can i get the space of the nostrils revised in the next week? do i have to wait? please help. I am in Australia but we dont have any forums such as this

Bad Lip Lift

+1

Regarding: " Lip Lift Revision  Please help. I had a lip lift procedure almost 2 weeks ago now. I am devastated and have not had he courage to go back to work or even see my friends. I wanted it kept to myself. I am really upset due to the fact that there is alot more nostril show and i really hate the look of my smile. The space in between my nostrils is so much more visible. Can i get the space of the nostrils revised in the next week? do i have to wait? please help. I am in Australia but we dont have any forums such as this"

I am sorry to hear of your predicament. I ASSUME you discussed it with your surgeon. Without a photograph it is impossible to fully understand and advise you. At this early stage you have considerable swelling which exaggerates the overall look of the area.  The swelling and pull MAY increase the tension on the nostrils making them appear longer and potentially pull on the columella, the soft cover of the septum between nostrils. In general, no surgery should be done for months, until all the swelling has resolved and you and your surgeon have a much better idea of what the deformity, if any is, and how it can best be addressed.  You may be surprised by how well it heals. If you take photographs every few days you will be able to visualize the change.

Good Luck.

Dr. Aldea