Lip lift or lip fillers? Age: 20 (photos)

I have wanted to augment my lips for a long time, but I'm unsure whether or not lip fillers will be enough to correct them. I had hoped that a syringe of juvederm would be enough to give me the look I want, but I'm afraid there may be too much skin between my nose and upper lip. Your opinions would be very much appreciated. The first two pictures are my lips relaxed and the last is my top lip pursed out to show the look I'd like to achieve.

Lip lift or lip fillers?

+1
Juvederm is a fantastic filler for lip augmentation and has the following characteristics:

1) It is very soft
2) It yields a great looking and natural result 

A conservative lip augmentation with Juvederm would yield a nice result when performed properly by a specialist. When having treatment with filler, it is best to seek the advice of one of the following board certified physicians:

1) Dermatologist
2) Plastic surgeon
3) Facial plastic surgeon

I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+1
Best to try Restylane HA filler shorter lasting than Juvederm. Also I prefer "micro injection" technique...

Lip Filler vs Lip Lift

+1
Thank you for your question. I would recommend starting with lip filler such at Juvederm or Restylane, this way you can get an idea of your end result if you decided to get a lip lift later on. Filler will wear off over time, unlike a lip lift which is permanent so you want to make sure you are certain about your desired result before having the surgery.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

+1
Dear Madison,

A filler such as Juvederm or Restylane can do an excellent job to enhance the fullness and shape of your upper lip.

A lip lift is another good way to enhance the shape of your upper lip, but it requires surgery and is not reversible. Most patients start with fillers and consider a lip lift only if needed.

Finally, I would advise you to consider strongly the skill, experience, knowledge, and artistry of your injector. The lips are very delicate, and a high degree of skill and artistry are required to produce good results.

Warmest wishes,
Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Filler is a Much Better Option than a Lip Lift for a Young Individual

+1
Thank you for including pictures. Your upper lip has a nice shape; it just does not have much vermillion show. I would recommend using a filler, concentrating most on the enhancement on the upper lip with less filler added to the lower lip. Working to achieve the look you want progressively over time will yield a better result than trying to achieve that goal with your first treatment.

I would not recommend a lip lift in a young person. The procedure is obviously not reversible, and leaves a scar at the junction between the lip and the nose. This scar tends to be much more visible than you might think or would be led to believe; and it can be rather unsightly if it does not heal well in the young individual like you. This surgical procedure may be an option for someone more elderly, but I do not believe it is worth the scarring in a young individual. Although I have seen only a few, I have never seen a lip lift scar that I like in a young woman.

Stick with the filler. I prefer Juvéderm, but Restylane would be fine as well. Best wishes.

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift or lip fillers? Age: 20

+1
I suggest you try a filler first.   You can use Restylane or Juvederm Ultra.  You have a small upper lip, so adding a bit of filler will give you a great look.

Lip dermal fillers are a better option than lip lift for a young person

+1
Thank you for your question.  You are very young and have very pretty normal lips.

I suggest that you consult a board certified plastic surgeon for a trial of a dermal filler injection.  A properly placed dermal filler injection can roll your lip upward and make it Fuller.

You're very young with very pretty features and a very natural normal looking mouth.  I urge you not to allow anyone to place a scar on your beautiful young face to do a lip lift.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lip lift vs fillers

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.
Unfortunately, fillers will not reduce the distance between your nose and upper lip. A well executed lip lift will reduce the space between your nose and upper lip as well as roll out the upper lip to make it fuller. I've achieved very natural results with this procedure.

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift or lip fillers? Age: 20

+1
Juvederm or Restylane would be a great option to help lift the upper lip, the results usually last 6-9 months but you’ll see an amazing result 

Lip Lift vs. Lip Fillers

+1
Thank you for the question and the pictures. Based on your photos, I would recommend starting with fillers. Adding a little volume to the lips, and increasing the definition of the curves (Cupid's Bow and philtral columns) should give you the result you're looking for.  Lip lift is a great procedure -- but it is surgery and is not reversible. Typically, I recommend this in patients that have a clear imbalance between the skin (white part) of the upper lip) and the vermillion (red part).  Best of luck moving forward.

#San Francisco Lips

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon