Lip Lift or Filler Advice

I'm not sure if I would benefit more from a lip lift or a lip filler. I am 36 and I'd like to go with something a long term results if possible.

Lip Lift or Filler

+3

Without your lips slightly parted, difficult to tell.  Because of the arch shape of your interlabial crease, with lips together, you have a sad expression.  This can be improved by skilled use of fillers around the sides of the lips, and in the lips as well.  At age 36, would stay away from surgical procedures unless there is a good indication.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

How to choose lip lift or fillers

+2

There are two main things to consider:

The distance between your columella (the little column of tissue between the two nostrils) and the red border of the lip.

When your mouth just opens, does a little bit of your upper teeth show?

This video link below may help you understand better.

Lip lift vs. Filler

+2

There are indeed many procedures that can help the mouth area, depending on what the patient's goals are.

Lip lifts can diminish the lip to nose distance, or elevate the corners of the lip.

Filler materials, all the way from temporary to permanent, are possible to plump up the lip, depending on which area of the lip the patient wants augmented.

ALso, the DAO (depressor muscle of the lip) can be divided, to reduce frowning.

So depending on what the goals are, there are many things that can be done to make the lips more beautiful.

Non-Surgical Lip Augmentation and Rejuvenation of the Mouth

+1

Although invasive, aggressive surgery has its place, I tend to view this option as a measure of last resort--regardless, frankly, of which esthetic unit of the face or neck requires improvement or restoration. For this reason, I would like to answer this question by addressing what nonsurgical methods can do to enhance and rejuvenate the lips and the entire mouth region.

Let's start with the lips, which typically become thin and pursed with both chronologic and sundamage aging. The appropriate placement of volumizers, such as Juvederm Ultra Plus and Perlane, within the body of the lips themselves can restore the ideal volume ratio of upper to lower lip, as well as recreate the appropriate degree of pout for each. (There is usually a 2/3 volume ratio between the upper and lower lip, and the lower lip tends to pout outwards, which contributes to the more desirable, sensual look.)

The red portion of the lips are bordered by what is known as a "white roll" that imparts definition to the mouth region. This, too, becomes less distinct with the passage of time and likewise may be restored by the use of a tiny amount of filler material, such as Restylane, layered along the border between the red areas of the lips and the surrounding skin.

If the upper lip ihas become elongated and there is loss of the Cupid's Bow and philtral columns, these problems can be improved significantly by the focused and precise re-creation of the lines and curves of that area with fillers. Restylane is my favorite for these problems, too.

The "smoker's" or "lipstick bleeding" lines, those tiny vertical lines that radiate off the upper and lower lips can be treated with a variety of methods or combinations of techniques. Botox may be used to soften them, and microdroplets of fillers can be installed to further plump them, and medical microneedling can be used to smooth and rejuvenate the background skin.

Finally, the downward drooping of the angles of the mouth, the so-called "marionette" lines or "sad" lines, which result from the Southward and inward displacement of the remnant of the fat pad of the cheek can also be lifted and straighentened with the use of volumizers. Deep folds do best in my experience with a more robust material, such as Radiesse, and nearly complete straightening of the angles back to 180 degrees can often be achieved, especially if the corners of the mouth are also supplemented with a small amount of filler material.

Web reference: http://www.youngerlookingwithoutsurgery.com

Lip augmentation

+1

You need to define what you want, then we can help you by giving our opinion on what is the best procedure in our opinion. You have not defined what look you are seeking.

Injectable Fillers may be used to increase the size of your lips.

+1

My philosophy, and recommendation is to leave surgery as a last resort. I do not offer lip-lift surgery, and that particular procedure should be left for those surgeons quite experienced with the technique.

My personal preference for permanent lip enhancement is Silikon-1000. This too requires experience in the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving natural results with liquid injectable silicone.

I've attached photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/76/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift, filler vs. other modalities to make lips more attractive

+1

I agree with my colleagues statements.

I would add that in your case, I would stay away from a lift lift UNLESS when smiling the whites of the incisors are not seen. There is NO point in my opinion to accept the trade-off of a permanent Bull's horns scar at the base of the nose to lift a lip which is not too low.

Instead, I would like to see the sides (lateral oral commissures) of the mouth lifted. In my opinion, this is best done (BEFORE talking scars and corners lifts) with Botox to the muscles pulling the corner of the mouth down (Depressor Anguli Oris) and some filler (Juvederm or Restylane) in the lip corners themselves.

Dr. P. Aldea

Lip lift or fillers.

+1

It really depends on the appearance you are seeking. Your lower lip is somewhat smaller than your upper lip. By employing fat injections in your lower lip you will have a better balance between the two. However, the corners or your mouth are downturned, a gull wing or bull's horn lift will likely exaggerate this and it may be that you would prefer a corner lift (see video below).

Prior to considering long term fillers, I would recommend shorter term fillers to determine if you like the results. You could then consider the long term fillers or surgery.

This is a limited evaluation based on the solitary photo provided and you could benefit from other procedures after completing a formal consultation.