Lip Lift Candidate? (photo)

I would like to know if it appears that I would be a good candidate for an upper lip lift. I really hate the way that my mouth looks, and I am at a complete loss as to what to do. It is even worse when it is open at rest (none of my teeth show). I will be getting some cheek fillers and botox for my forehead and eyebrows very soon as well, as I have lost a lot of volume in my face from running and rapid weight loss. Thanks for your help.

Goals of Lip lift

+2

A lip lift predominantly adresses the length of your upper lip. This is the distance from the vermillion lip to the base of your nose. If you feel this is too long than a lip lift may be helfpull for you. The upper lip height should be roughly 50% of the lower lip height. The lip lift procedure in general does not add significant volume to the vermillion (red) lip so if that was your goal then fillers would be more appropriate.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

+1

You have very good upper lip aesthetics. I would not put a scar on your upper lip for lip shrtening.

I may recommend fat transfer to the cheeks, and the temples to give the face some roundness.

Candidate For Upper Lip Lift

+1

You do have a long upper lip which is consistent with the overall length of your face. An upper lip lift would help create more of a central upper lip pout and at least show a little tooth when you smile.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.