Lip Lift Candidate? Would a Sub-dermal Implant or Graft to Cupid's Bow Be Better? (photo)

My lips are naturally pouty/curvy/full so even a flesh/lip toned permanent makeup wouldn't quite work. They also seem asymmetrical in the peaks and sides of the upper lip especially. Adding to this is the very pronounced cupid's bow that cuts far too deeply into the upper lip and gives a kind of an angular, harsh look. I tend to fill in the cupids bow a bit with a flesh-toned liner and it does make a difference even without touching the sides - it softens up my whole face. A more seamless fix?

Lip Softening with the Skillful Placement of Lip Fillers

+2

Lips which have harsh lines or a shape which a patient wishes to change can be altered to a pleasing degree with injectional fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm.   The skill and artistic ability of the injector is very important.    A lip lift is done for thin lips in patients with a long lip distance from nose to lip.  The lip lift also leaves a scar, often visible to some degree, so this should be reserved for patients who are good candidates.

Web reference: http://www.drbresnick.com/lip-surgery-los-angeles/

Cupid's bow correction with fillers

+2

Dear Anne,

Thank you for the pix. You didn't mention if you had any injections in your lips. Adding more volume either with injections or fillers is not your answer. The Cupid bow can be softened by strategic placement of Restylane or Juvederm. There are other options available if you have had lip injections before.