Possible to Have Lip Lift While Awake?

Is it possible to have lip lift surgery while the patient is awake with just some numbing injections at the site? Also what is the down time. I was hoping to return to work the next day if possible. I can't see being down for long due to stiches under my nose. Thanks

Liplift Under Local Anasthesia

+1

Absolutely, under just local anesthesia. This is my favored technique with these relatively short (less than 45 minutes) procedures. Most of my patients can return to work at the 3rd day with minimal to no swelling and near complete healing of the incision.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lifting can be done under Local Anesthesia

+1

Lip lifting can be done under local anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation. Stitches are removed in less than a week. That being said, based on the photograph you supplied, I would not do the operation on you. In full smile you already are about to show the gums - meaning your upper lip is not sagging and lifting it would mean that you have a gummy smile each time you smile. You may want to get a second opinion to make sure the operation would correct, not compound your problem.