Is It Possible to Have a Lip Lift and Return Home in a Few Days Without my Husband Noticing? (photo)

I have a flat upper lip, and long, flat area between nose and upper lip. I have been getting restylane injections, but result is still not satisfactory.I was contemplating the permalip implant, but after research, I am sure that the lip lift is the best procedure for my issue. I live with husband and am unable to "disappear" for a few weeks to heal. Is the lip lift swelling much more noticeable than restylane injections? how long does it really take for the noticeable swelling to pass?

Lip surgery

+3

I think you have beautiful lips and would not recommend any surgery. Just stay with the Restylane injections as these seem to be working for you.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Recovery After Lip Lift

+2

In looking at your photos, I would question as to whether a lip lift is appropriate for you. But if it was done at only 25% of your philtral length (in essence not overdone) then it may be a satisfactory procedure. Lip swelling is not the issue after a lip lift as that is not significant. It would be the fine line at the base of the nose which would be difficult to hide. I would think this would be a difficult 'stealth' surgery even though the recovery is minimal.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD