Lip Lift and Columella Shortening 5 Days Ago Can I Massage the Areas to Help with the Tightness and Itching from Healing?

Had columella shortening and top & corner lip lift surgery 5 days ago Can I massage the areas to help woth the tightness and itching from healing? Also in some areas it looks like my skin is covering (healing) over the sutures, is this normal? should I be doing something? Sutures are being removed tomorrow afternoon.

Lip Lift and Columella Shortening - Massage

+1

Hello and thank you for your question. I do not recommend my patients to start massaging the scar of the lip lift for at least 2 weeks. Itching and tightness are normal at this very early stage. If you are seeing your plastic surgeon tomorrow for the suture removal, make sure you ask him his personal preferences for massage and after surgery wound care.

I am sure you will be absolutely fine.

All the best.

Andrea Marando

Manchester Plastic Surgeon