Lip Injections, is It Possible for Me to Achieve This Size? (photo)

I am 16 and considering lip augmentation. My bottom lip is bigger than my upper lip. I know this is normal, but I really would prefer my lips especially my top one to be fuller.How much is the cost for lip augmentation? I would prefer a natural method such as injecting the lips with my own fat (fat grafting), is the cost of this different? please let me know if my lips could ever be as full as the picture I attached. Thank you.

Lip Injections, is It Possible for Me to Achieve This Size?

+2

Please share this answer with your parents sonce you are under 18 years of age.  Aesthetics of the lips and face dictate how attractive the face is perceived and should not be ignored IMHO.  The aesthetics of beautiful lips dictate that the lower be fuller than the upper with the upper not more than 75%, of the size, of the lower lip.  This should not be violated unless you want the duck- look to the lips which is unattractive.  I would decline to perform your lip injections and I hope that you abandon this persuit.  Hope this helps.

Lip Injections And Augmentation

+1

One of the most common requests in lip augmentation is to make the top lip look fuller.
The average cost for lip augmentation is about $850.  However, this will depend on how much filler (e.g. Juvederm and Restylane) is used per syringe.

Most doctors do not use fat grafting for lip augmentation purposes. Fat in the lips will dissipate within a short amount of time.

If you are interested in having more of a natural substance injected, hyaluronic acid  (e.g. Juvederm and Restylane)would be best. It is already a natural component of your skin. However the fillers used use hyaluronic acid from bacteria. This goes through a purification process before it is packaged as an injection. Results look very natural.

A good doctor will be able to create the look you most desire. This patient wanted very subtle looking results. Here is a video you might enjoy watching.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

If these photos are your lips, I would consider an upper lip augmentation with Restylane or Juvaderm.

+1

If these photos are your lips, I would consider an upper lip augmentation with Restylane or Juvaderm using a bit more in the upper lip than in the lower lip.  The goal should be balanced artistically beautiful lips that match your other facial contours and facial feature.  Bigger is not always more beautiful  Go see a doctor who is a real artist to have your lips augmented.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Enhancement is an art form which demands a surgeon with a great aesthetic eye.

+1

Your upper lip could be enhanced slightly with juvederm/restylane ($550/syringe) easily and look natural and beautiful in less than 5 minutes and lasts about 4-6 months. Other fillers don't tend to be as controllable and forgiving. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip injection size

+1

It really is best that your top lip is smaller than your bottom lip! It is approximately 1/3, 2/3. Personally, I won't alter lips to be much beyond this because people end up looking like ducks and have huge upper lips that stick out, affecting their speech, eating, etc. Any filler alterations should be done to both the top and bottom lip, following the body's natural lines. Pricing does depend on what is done - which filler or procedure, as well as the experience of your physician. Please make sure you see a board-certified physician for any procedures like this. Additionally, at only 16, unless you have parental consent, you will not be able to have anything done.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD