Can Lip Injections Fix my Protruding Lower Lip?

Whenever I smile with my lips closed, my bottom lip sticks out. Would it be better to get corrective jaw surgery or to get lip injections on my top lip?

Injections to top lip lip

+1

Tough to say for certain without seeing a picture or your lips but if the tiop lip is thin, it would be much easier to fill up the lip than to have mandibular adjustment surgery...which is a significant surgery.

Jaw Surgery vs Filler Injections

+1

Obviously you would need an examination to get a more definite answer, but try this first. Look in the mirror when you smile and imagine what your smile would look like with more volume in your upper lip. Then think of whether or not it makes more sense to have a five minute procedure to inject Juvederm or Restylane into your upper lip to see if this fixes the problem or instead go straight to "corrective jaw surgery".

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Symmetry Correction

+1

This is an impossible question to answer without an examination, as there are several things that can cause the asymmetry that you describe. See a Plastic Surgeon with experience in cosmetic lip correction and craniofacial surgery.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon