Lip Injections to Cover Bottom Teeth Show?

Hi, I have a problem where almost my full bottom teeth show because my lower lip doesn't cover them as much as I would like. It really bothers me alot and I was hoping there was somthing I could do about it. I was wondering, if I put enought filler in my bottom lip, if it would at least help a little to add volume to the top of my lower lip, to cover my lower teeth more, and if it would help how many syringes I would need to give better coverage of my teeth? Pleasee help

Lip injections for covering bottom teeth

+2

Without a picture it is difficult to really answer your question. Theoretically, a filler would increase the volume of your lower lip and have less of your teeth showing. The main issue is not to put so much in that your lower lip looks like a hot dog. That would be counterproductive. With a clear picture of your mouth both smiling and not smiling would be helpful to give you a better answer.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Bottom Lip Filler

+1

You can inject a filler in your bottom lip to add fullness and it may at least partially help your problem. Personally, I like Juvederm.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation of the bottom lip can restore balance to the lips.

+1

Lip augmentation of the bottom lip can restore balance to the lips. Ideally the lower lip is twice as full as the upper lip.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

You can certainly use filler to enhance the lip

+1

You can certainly use filler to enhance the lip and change the proportion of how the lip interfaces with the teeth. But, you can’t use a lot of filler without getting a very bulky lip particularly in the lower lip. Sometimes using small amounts of BOTOX can actually change the position of the lip, particularly in the upper lip. You can drop the upper lip in patients who have a gummy smile. In the lower lip toxins are more difficult to use this way, but sometimes filler can be helpful.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation for lower teeth show?

+1

Your request for lip augmentation to prevent too much lower teeth show is interesting. It is hard to evaluate without an exam. It may or may not help.

Lip augmentation may help

+1

Hi 920140,

You would likely receive some benefit from lip augmentation; however, there are probably some other options that would be better.  I recommend evaluation by an experienced surgeon for a complete evaluation and discussion of options.

Good luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bottom teeth show

+1

My sense is that filler will not adequately correct your problem. There are other treatments that may however, so I would suggest you follow up with a board certified cosmetic surgeon so that you may weigh your options properly.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon